[OT] Totally non Roc - Steelers Win, Niners Win, Raiders Nextweek.

John Lagnese wrote:

> To all you Niner fans who are hooting, look at the facts as presented by
> the NFL. The referees were instrumental in the victory! Anyone who
> watched could easily see the reciever being tackled as the ball was
> being thrown.

Yup.  I thought for sure that interference would be called, and couldn't
understand why, until I read today that it should have been called after
all..  BFD.  If they'd made the RIGHT call, the ball comes back, no time
on the clock, 1 play for the Giants, and their lame-ass kicker shanks
another one (assuming the snap makes it back and the holder sets it up
for him, no sure thing at all for that gang of soon-to-be-ex-Giants).

The Niners have been burned by bad calls in playoff games in the past
too, this one kinda helps even the score, albeit at the G-Men's expense.

Of course if the holder (their lame-ass punter, coincidentally) had the
presence of mind to spike the ball after the bad snap, on 3RD down,
they'd have had another shot.  I'm guessing the special teams coach
neglected to point this out to him before sending him out on the field -
if so the coach should be shot along with the snapper, and the dork(s)
who were illegally downfield.

Coulda/shoulda/woulda... hell, if my aunt had a dick, she'd be my uncle.

Go NINERS!!!

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA