[RE: Mk2 rear bumper question/new to the list]

"Sandor" <sandor@vwot.org> wrote:
Hey thanks for the greetings...so you mean I can have another car where
stuff is held togeather with zip ties?
Any more of these things and my bunny is going to start to look like TMB'=
yellow rocco.
Seems like a nice quick fix for this mk2...I guess its off to Canadian
Tire with me to pick up another big package of zip ties.

sandor
72 Super Beetle 1600
75 Rabbit 16V
87 Scirocco 16V

  No, no , no. The correct method for the REAR bumper is duct tape. I can=
 send
you photos of mine if you need help with the positioning of the strips. W=
orked
out well for me (silver car) but you'll have to source some of the red st=
uff,
a bit harder to find! ;P

Cathy 1987 16V (with the park benches now safely stored where they can't =
hurt
anyone, they're a James Bond-ish item, as in "jetison the skin at other c=
ars,
license to kill" sort of danger level, I couldn't handle the responsibili=
ty,
hehe) =

(or you can use the more subtle cable tie method if you like)