  From: Ryan H=20
  To: trbojetta ; scirocco-l@scirocco.org=20
  Sent: Monday, January 06, 2003 1:37 PM
  Subject: Re: vibrating dash

  My 16V did the same thing... I replaced the front motor mount and =
transmission mount, and the car doesn't buck as bad (and is much easier =
to shift) but it diddn't solve the dash problem.  Then I installed a new =
passenger side motor mount - what a difference!  Your vibrations are =
caused by one of the side mounts, I'd try the passenger first.
  Go here: http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco/Index2.html
  then click Tech Notes - you'll see passenger side mm install up top =
somewhere - it's for an 8V, but they all have the same mounts.  Make =
sure that if you do this, you point the new motor mount in the right =
direction (as in the first picture).  If you have access to a press, =
you'll probably need the correct sized arbor to get the old mount out =
and the new one in... just take it to a machine shop, though - they =
won't charge much.=20
  Oh and about the TT mounts, they're mild, really. =20
  HTH,
  Ryan H.

  >=20
  > From: trbojetta <trbo4jetta@yahoo.com>
  > Date: 2003/01/06 Mon AM 07:11:56 EST
  > To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  > Subject: vibrating dash
  >=20
  > I am having a problem with the dash vibrating very bad at idle on my =
88 16V  I figure its the motor mounts.  Question is, what are the best =
ones to fix this, and where can I get them?  Any install instructions =
out there?  Is the techtonics set good, or too harsh?  Thanks in =
advance.

-----

  I am having a problem with the dash vibrating very bad at idle on my =
88 16V  I figure its the motor mounts.  Question is, what are the best =
ones to fix this, and where can I get them?  Any install instructions =
out there?  Is the techtonics set good, or too harsh?  Thanks in =
advance.

------=_NextPart_000_0047_01C2B5AF.403FC320

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>also note, a harder-than-stock tranny =
mount will=20
cause the vibration all over again, so stick with stock =
there.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Al</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Drhock99@epix.net href=3D"mailto:rhock99@epix.net";>Ryan =
H</A> </DIV>
title=3Dtrbo4jetta@yahoo.com=20
  href=3D"mailto:trbo4jetta@yahoo.com";>trbojetta</A> ; <A=20
  title=3Dscirocco-l@scirocco.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:scirocco-l@scirocco.org";>scirocco-l@scirocco.org</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Monday, January 06, 2003 =
1:37=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: vibrating =
dash</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>My 16V did the same thing... I replaced the front motor =
mount=20
  and transmission mount, and the car doesn't buck as bad (and is much =
easier to=20
  shift) but it diddn't solve the dash problem.&nbsp; Then I installed a =
new=20
  passenger side motor mount - what a difference!&nbsp; Your vibrations =
are=20
  caused by one of the side mounts, I'd try the passenger first.<BR>Go =
here: <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco/Index2.html";>http://www.longcoe=
ur.com/scirocco/Index2.html</A><BR>then=20
  click Tech Notes - you'll see passenger side mm install up top =
somewhere -=20
  it's for an 8V, but they all have the same mounts.&nbsp; Make sure =
that if you=20
  do this, you point the new motor mount in the right direction (as in =
the first=20
  picture).&nbsp; If you have access to a press, you'll probably need =
the=20
  correct sized arbor to get the old mount out and the new one in... =
just take=20
  it to a machine shop, though - they won't charge much. <BR>Oh and =
about the TT=20
  mounts, they're mild, really.&nbsp; <BR>HTH,<BR>Ryan H.<BR><BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
  From: trbojetta &lt;trbo4jetta@yahoo.com&gt;<BR>&gt; Date: 2003/01/06 =
Mon AM=20
  07:11:56 EST<BR>&gt; To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org<BR>&gt; Subject: =
vibrating=20
  dash<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; I am having a problem with the dash vibrating =
very bad=20
  at idle on my 88 16V&nbsp; I figure its the motor mounts.&nbsp; =
Question is,=20
  what are the best ones to fix this, and where can I get them?&nbsp; =
Any=20
  install instructions out there?&nbsp; Is the techtonics set good, or =
too=20
  harsh?&nbsp; Thanks in advance.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;=20
  ---------------------------------<BR>&gt; Do you Yahoo!?<BR>&gt; =
Yahoo! Mail=20
  Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now<BR>&gt; <BR>
  <P>
  <HR>

  <P></P>I am having a problem with the dash vibrating very bad at idle =
on my 88=20
  16V&nbsp; I figure its the motor mounts.&nbsp; Question is, what are =
the best=20
  ones to fix this, and where can I get them?&nbsp;&nbsp;Any install=20
  instructions out there?&nbsp; Is the techtonics set good, or too =
harsh?&nbsp;=20
  Thanks in advance.
  <P><BR>
  <HR SIZE=3D1>