vibrating dash

------=____1041878250272_esIyjvIX_=

My 16V did the same thing... I replaced the front motor mount and transmission mount, and the car doesn't buck as bad (and is much easier to shift) but it diddn't solve the dash problem.  Then I installed a new passenger side motor mount - what a difference!  Your vibrations are caused by one of the side mounts, I'd try the passenger first.
Go here: http://www.longcoeur.com/scirocco/Index2.html
then click Tech Notes - you'll see passenger side mm install up top somewhere - it's for an 8V, but they all have the same mounts.  Make sure that if you do this, you point the new motor mount in the right direction (as in the first picture).  If you have access to a press, you'll probably need the correct sized arbor to get the old mount out and the new one in... just take it to a machine shop, though - they won't charge much.
Oh and about the TT mounts, they're mild, really.
HTH,
Ryan H.