[Mk1] Strut insert replacement?

At 01:58 PM 01/04/2003 -0800, L F wrote:
>You can do it.
>You should have a strut spring compressor,

Do NOT rent or use the compressors that are simply two pieces of threaded
rod with a hook and a nut on each end.  Those things are dangerous. There
is a similar one that has a metal frame to the two threaded rods. that one
is OK.

>a big shop vise, and a large pipe wrench

My 14" pipe wrench did no good.  I got a 24" and a 3' cheater bar to slip
over the end of the pipe wrench.  The cheater bar was not needed.  There is
a 5 foot long pipe wrench available. If you are going to use that one, let
me know, I want to get some pictures!

You may need a special socket to remove the top nut on the strut.  See the
Bently manual.

Chris