bent valves?

--- Jason <roclist@accessconsulting.ca> wrote:
> Would an engine turn over if say the valves were bent?
> F&&kin timing belt snapped w/only 15000km on it! I lined
> everything back up, put on another belt and tried to
> start it, It cranks and sputters, will only run for a few
> seconds then dies.... Are my valves toast?
>
> How can I check?
>
> 1.8l 16v, stock....
>
> thanks.

Do a compression check.  However, it doesn't sound
promising.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon
For Sale: '66 Cessna 150, '82 Scirocco, '82 Pickup.
Parts cars:  '81 Scirocco, '87 Scirocco 16v - ASK!
"A learning experience is one of those things that says, 'You know that thing you just did?  Don't do that.'" - Douglas Adams