A2 trans into A1/ The Swap complete

  So today I started with a quick run out to pick up a clutch, an intake boot
off the CIS box, and some serious coffee. Took pictures of the clutch disc
and the FN trans, as well the FN and 9A side by side.
  After swapping the clutch disc out I went to work onthe trannys. All the
shift brackets were moved from the FN to the 9A, and then slid the 9A into
the engine bay (the human body does double as a tranny lift, who knew), and
everything bolted in nice and smooth.
Which scared the hell outta' me! :)  After looking everything over again and
ensuring  -nothing- was  missing or left behind, installed the new speedo
cable (rebuilt speedo going in tomorrow), spent some time aligning the
linkage, and damn it feels good to be back in my '77!!  I really haven't had
time to take it out on the road today yet. I returned the rental, and took
off afterwards with a friend for some food and just running around.
  So now I have an FN with a small amount of machining on the bell housing
from loose clutch spring bits. It felt fine with little to no play at the
flanges and input shaft, and each gear engaged without any trouble. If anyone
is willing to put any faith into it, they can have the FN gratis, new flange
seal kits, throw out bearing, input shaft seal and clutch push rod seal with
~3K miles, with A2 brackets and linkage.
  So for tonight, it's me and a RedBull Blaster, and plenty o' relax time.
  Photos of the damage will be posted after developing the film.

Carl
77rocco - So good to be back in it!
89fox  - donor to be (any other Fox owners?)
03saturn - 16v, 140hp, and no soul...
00hyundai - At last! Gone! No more A/C, power windows, locks and steering,
cruise control, A/T w/OD, remote trunk and gas cap release, all gone!
Whooot!!!