WTB: control arms

Tony,

I'm no suspension expert, but personally I would stay with the stock arms.
Making a control arm stronger is a really really bad idea on a car with
such a weak, flexible chassis..

The control arms are strong enough for both normal and hard driving from
the factory.. but they're designed to bend in a collision or curbing to
minimize damage to the car itself. If you make them stronger so they won't
bend, the car will bend instead since its really pretty weak. Then you'll
have a car that can't be aligned properly anymore and probably won't even
roll.

As far as a source, try www.parts4vws.com..

HTH
-Toby