A2 trans into A1/ The Swap begins

  Well, of course the when my instinct says "do this", it usually means I'll
regret not doing it. Like today. All the crunchy, grindy noise coming from
the trans was (surprise) a pair of springs from the clutch. Of all the parts
I ran around to get or ordered, instinct said to get the clutch set, just in
case that's also/only damaged.
  Of course I ignored instinct. After all, the clutch only has ~5K miles on
it, how could that POSSIBLY be damaged, right?
  Why did I think it was just the trans? Crunchy, grindy noise was only
evident when car was in gear, not in neutral.
  Why didn't the warning flags for a bad clutch go up when I noticed a lack
of resistance at the pedal? ...umm... I'll chaulk that up to experience, that
thing that whacks you in the back of the head in a situation like this and
yells "DUMB@$$!".

Other than that, just the drive to the shop was uplifting, felt good to be
behind the 'rocco's wheel again.

Carl
77rocco
89fox  - donor to be
03saturn - can not modify under penalty of wife!
00hyundai - no really, it's not mine...