Water pump....questions

Scott wrote:
Assuming that the electric water pump and the stock version are equally
efficient and have the same frictional losses...

I'm no pump expert, and I don't want to be, but I don't think that a water =
pump made to keep your engine cool at engine idle speed while standing stil=
l on a 95=C2=B0 day can push the water as efficiently when your engine is a=
t 6500rpm as it can when it's at 1000rpm.   My point: I'd expect the electr=
ics to be more efficient and have lower fricitional losses, and no cavitati=
on at high rpms.=20=20

I've used the same EWP system on a race car that was only making about 70hp=
 (600cc with itty bitty restrictor), and the system seemed to work well, in=
stall well, and generally be a good thing.  I also like the idea of getting=
 rid of the mechanical thermostat since it is a big flow restrictor.

Scott, how are you dealing with removal of the stock water pump and fitting=
s in that area?

BH