Cheating the sniffer?

Calimus wrote:

> Senerio:  Your rocco didn't pass the sniffer after you put on a TT
> street header and exhaust system with a new cat.

> Challange:  To get past the sniffer without having to take all your
> goodies off.

2 years ago I nearly failed the brutal California rolling test due to a
marginal cat.. had completely stock 2L motor at the time.  Since then I
now have Schrick cams and a new TT downpipe/cat, and managed to pass
with flying colors recently.  If your cat is good, I can't understand
why you wouldn't be able to pass - perhaps you just need a tuneup of sorts?

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA