Cheating the sniffer?

Challange time.

Senerio:  Your rocco didn't pass the sniffer after you put on a TT
street header and exhaust system with a new cat.

Challange:  To get past the sniffer without having to take all your
goodies off.

Is it possible if you didn't fail the sniffer by much to just lean the
engine out and get by?

What really needs to come into play with this?  I don't have all the
details since it wasn't my rocco that failed the sniffer but I've often
thought that leaning out the car would help in this area, true or BS?

William
--
http://www.techography.com/scirocco (s.org forums)
http://www.techography.net:82/scirocco  (my rocco's site)