Getting into the USA

Thats what I was thinking, I could spend the next few months trawling r=
ound
scrap yards picking up Bits and pieces then tell customs that they're
presents for all my US friends! Apparantly bringing a car over is a maj=
or
hassle, it has to be steam cleaned to remove any possible agricultural
contaminent and pass various emissions laws, It has no Cat so it depend=
s on
how tough US emission laws are. It'd probably cost a fortune, depends o=
n my
moving budget I suppose.

Adam.
'92 Scala 1.8i
'88 325i
http://www.geocities.com/little_log

                                                                       =
                                                                =20
                      "Rabbit16v"                                      =
                                                                =20
                      <Rabbit16v@attbi.c        To:       "Scirocco Lis=
t" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>                                    =20
                      om>                       cc:                    =
                                                                =20
                      Sent by:                  Subject:  Re: Getting i=
nto the USA                                                     =20
                      scirocco-l-admin@s                               =
                                                                =20
                      cirocco.org                                      =
                                                                =20
                                                                       =
                                                                =20
                                                                       =
                                                                =20
                      26/02/2003 09:42                                 =
                                                                =20
                                                                       =
                                                                =20
                                                                       =
                                                                =20

With that size of a container you could bring a LOT more over than your=

car!
I'd say start taking orders on stuff and more than likely your car may =
come
over cheap or maybe even free!  We never said it would be cheap to move=
the U.S.!!  But, it is one great country it's the people you gotta watc=
out
for! (well, some of them!)

Dave