idling, running problems...HELP before I get killed in traffic!!!!!

--- Dubdaze68@aol.com wrote:
> a nasty running problem has made itself known in a big
> way in the
> 'rocc....16v, backfiring and sputtering at idle, missing
> badly all through
> the range....at first it got better after it had been
> run, but now it just
> shows up randomly, usually at the worst times (like when
> I go to merge on a
> busy street, I accelerate, and it just DIES, still
> running, but not going
> anywhere...) seems the only time it will accelerate
> normally is when the full
> throttle enrichment switch is depressed...then the car
> accelerates like a bat
> out of hell, which is not, repeat, NOT fun when it's icy
> out... could it be
> the O2 sensor? the coolant temp sensor?  what?

I'm not sure at this point, but if you solve the problem
let me know - my Passat has developed pretty much the same
symptoms.  Might have to 'roc my way to Pittsburgh in a
couple weeks.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '66 Cessna 150, '82 Scirocco.
"Any idiot can face a crisis.  It's this day to day living that wears you out." - Anton Chekhov