From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Cathy Boyko
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 8:01 PM
To: T Berk
Cc: Scirocco-L@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: [Re: That old thread- Price o' Gas was: Getting into the
USA]

T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> wrote:
Captnbr@aol.com wrote:
>=20
> In a message dated 2/25/2003 4:26:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,=20
> tberk@mindspring.com writes:
>=20
> <<Current price is $2.19 for low grade, $2.45 and climbing for hi
test
> depending on where you buy. >>
>=20
> OMG I wouldn't be able to eat..... I paid $1.89 for high test today=20
> and I though I was being raped,  guess I shouldn't complain.
>=20
> Brian 86 16v
> 98 Jetta GLX Vr6

<http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/5261252.htm>

This news report lists the $2 price point for regular as a shock. In
my region $2.25 is the norm now a days.

TBerk

Funny, I was just reading an old car magazine, and they were concerned
that it had gone from 66.6 to 66.9 cents, that's US gallons, and the
year was 1978.(gas crisis # 2 I believe) Other prime issues were the
indecency of an article in the previous issue about making whoopee and
which cars had the most useful back seats for the purpose, and if the
Trans Am (at 3700 lbs) was the best sports car ever built, and ads for
radar detectors as big as a box of Kleenex. Prices are up here too,
but I don't burn all that much fuel, despite the fact that I drive
constantly. Cathy