[Re: That old thread- Price o' Gas was: Getting into the USA]

T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> wrote:
Captnbr@aol.com wrote:
> =

> In a message dated 2/25/2003 4:26:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> tberk@mindspring.com writes:
> =

> <<Current price is $2.19 for low grade, $2.45 and climbing for hi
> test
> depending on where you buy. >>
> =

> OMG I wouldn't be able to eat..... I paid $1.89 for high test today
> and I though I was being raped,  guess I shouldn't complain.
> =

> Brian 86 16v
> 98 Jetta GLX Vr6

<http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/5261252.htm>

This news report lists the $2 price point for regular as a shock. In
my region $2.25 is the norm now a days.

TBerk

Funny, I was just reading an old car magazine, and they were concerned th=
at it
had gone from 66.6 to 66.9 cents, that's US gallons, and the year was
1978.(gas crisis # 2 I believe)
Other prime issues were the indecency of an article in the previous issue=

about making whoopee and which cars had the most useful back seats for th=
purpose, and if the Trans Am (at 3700 lbs) was the best sports car ever b=
uilt,
and ads for radar detectors as big as a box of Kleenex.
Prices are up here too, but I don't burn all that much fuel, despite the =
fact
that I drive constantly.
Cathy