That old thread- Price o' Gas was: Getting into the USA

Marc Scirocco Québec wrote:

> Where do you get real ale, hand pulled?
>
> Cheers.
>
> Marc

Here in Northern California there are _still_ some surviving microbrew
type pubs that make fresh batches and some kegs they don't charge, (I
take it that's the same as a hand pull; no added Co2 for extra
'bubbles').

Barley wine, stout (even oatmeal sometimes), "the ever elusive search
for a good Red (Riptide Red so far the winner), and so on.

Offsetting this is the current price of gas (petrol) in the San
Francisco region. AAA spokeswoman says we churn out the cleanest gas
vs other parts of the country, specifically for this market so we are
very susceptible to supply and demand, more so than the rest of the
region. Bah.

Current price is $2.19 for low grade, $2.45 and climbing for hi test
depending on where you buy.

It's going to stay over two dollars a gallon this time, even after it
comes down- I'll bet the price setting CEOs want to peg 91 octane (hi
end) @ $2.25 or so as a benchmark going forward.

Bad news for joy riding and long commutes, good news for the anti-SUV
crowd. (There isn't much reason a big wagon can't serve the same
purpose with better mileage).

/rant

TBerk