Getting into the USA

My wife came over from the UK, as Jorel's did, as the wife of a US citizen.  My company paid for
the legal expenses (Gudeon, Ferrell, and Hodginson on Grosvenor Pl. in London).  The whole process
went smoothly.  Be aware that the US doesn't like visa status changes while in-country - my wife
had to fly back to the UK to get her green card, since that's where she applied (she had entered
on the normal tourist (no-paperwork required for UK) visa).

As Patrick said, if you are coming over on your own, you'll need a company sponsorship describing
your abilities and why they're so unique that a citizen couldn't do them.  You're lucky, I think
that US Immigration considers the UK a 'preferred' source of immigrants...citizens of other
countries would probably have a more difficult time coming over.

Good Luck...we have more than cheap gas (like great steaks), but no pubs :( and crap beer...

Ron