Getting into the USA

My wife came over from the Netherlands. She also lived
in England for ten years. She came over on the k9 visa
program, meaning it was because she was the wife of an
American citizen, that being me. Lots of paper work.
There have to be background checks from any country
you may have lived in. This is used to see if you have
a criminal background. If you do, forget about coming
over. She researched this on the internet. She also
asked questions at the US embassy in London, where you
will have to go anyway. It costs some money, so far
we've given Uncle Sam over $1k to finance her American
transformation. I am well aware that the legal way of
getting over here can be difficult, frustrating,
and...

--- Adam J Garside <adam.garside@uk.ibm.com> wrote:
> Right everyone, I've had enough of this screwball
> country. They've just put
> speedbumps down a road I go down every morning and
> they keep dropping the
> speed limits in my town.
> This coupled with the close to £0.80p per litre
> petrol price so it takes
> £45 to fill the tank on the Rocco means i'm outta
> here.
>
> Anyone have experience with re-locating to the US?
> Info on Visas, Green
> Cards Etc Etc.  I'm a computer techie person, mainly
> dealing with Hardware
> (building/repairing systems) and I spent a year and
> a half as a printer
> engineer.
> I might have to bring over a container with my Scala
> in (and a ton of euro
> bumpers, lights and 16v inlet manifolds!!)
>
> Adam,
> '92 Scala 1.8i
> '88 325i
> http://www.geocities.com/little_log