Battery

You prolly can, but the real question is why you would need to?

My 16v has an Optima, which doesn't have the highest cranking amp's in the world, but with the new wiring and whatever old wires cleaned, the thing turns over like a new motorcycle (i.e. really fast).  If your's doesn't turn over really well, then I suggest you replace the major wiring and clean any ground wires you can find.  Worked wonders for me.

Don't have any suggestions for you as to how big a battery you can use, but in theory you can use any "12 volt" battery that fits where you want it to fit.  Higher amp rating won't blow out any circuits or anything (unless you have a short somewhere, but that's another issue).  Heck, you could use two 12v batteries in parrallel if it made you happy (hooked up just like you would if you were jumping one with the other).