[mouse pooh, dead ahead! (was got my scirocco and it smells likepee)]

"Sandor" <sandor@vwot.org> wrote:
so the natures miracle is soaking the carpets and the seats have been
scrubbed down...I even found a good 1/3 pound of mouse poop.
Stuff below the glovebox but above the dash liner...amazing part is that
for all the mouse evidence, there was no sign of them munching on the
wiring.
Oh well, hopefully I can get the smell out of the seats and carpet.
thanks for the help and tips for dealing with this.

sandor

Well, it's likley too late now, but hopefully you wore gloves, and if the=

feces were dry, a dust mask. There's a very nasty disease that you can ge=
from mouse feces, but the odds are real low that you'd run into it anyway=
, so
don't worry. =

On a typical "Cathy's OT again" vein (since this is about my Ford pickup)=
, I
had a mouse die in the ventilation system, it was SO lovely to smell, and=
 then
once it dried up (I seldom drive it), there would be these chunks of dead=

mouse fur blowing out at you. It required total removal of the dash to ge=
t at,
it was way down in there, and I got my local body shop guy to do it, sinc=
e he
figured out some way for the insurance to pay for it. But it was SO gross=
=2E..on
a damp day, there is still a hint of the aroma. Never had any wiring issu=
es
from it.

I have the mouse issue cured now, two stray cats wandered in, and the num=
bers
are WAY down.
Cathy