VW talk and rambleing kinda long

--part1_ea.35e230de.2b898c9c_boundary

Well, everyone is out partying and getting messed up, Im home with the flu.
So I'm a little bored and figured I'd type up something its all VW mostly
about my Vr6.  I would post it on the Vortex but most everyone there don't
give constructive input there and besides I like everyone here a lot better.

The Scirocco is running fairly well, I recently was having trouble getting
into gears and saw the shift bushings were shot so I replaced them, When I
did this I forgot to mark the position of the relay rod on the main rod and
it took me almost an hour to re-aline it so I could get all gears.  Now to
the Jetta.

So the Vr6 has been steadily getting louder and louder through the last year,
sounds like a desil at idle and when I rev it up, sounds like a bunch of
marbles bouncing around in the engine up to around 3,000 rpm.  So I take it
to the dealer to see what's wrong and they say they need to keep the car to
diagnose.  The next day they call me up and say yeah we are replacing your
timing chains and timing chain tensioners its a big job so were gonna keep
the car over the weekend, the car is all apart come down and take a look at
it if you want.  I'm pretty happy at this point, why you ask?  Because my
warranty is over on March 3rd that's in one week,  so VW is paying for the
whole job.  Yahooooo

So today I go down there and look at my baby and holy shit its all apart, the
tranny is detached the cam cover off i almost came to tears.   They had just
finished putting the new chains on.  I was surprised at how clean the cams
were for a 60,000 mile car they looked nearly new.  I should have the car
back Monday.

I'm going to get a nice refund from the IRS and was going to use it for
something on the Jetta.  Right now I have a Garret chip and a cone filter
with heat shield.  I am undecided on an exhaust because I really don't want a
loud droney exhaust but I would like the improvement in hp.   Anyone with
experience on upgrading Vr6's exhausts?

And I want to do suspension but not for looks for function.  I don't want a
large drop, or it to be harsh where my teeth fall out I want that tite but
smooth BMW feel.  I am thinking of going with HandR Sport springs with Boge
struts in the front and Bilstien shocks in the rear.  Again anyone with
experience on upgrading suspensions? Edit: my reasoning is the Boge are
cheaper for the fronts but the Bilstien rear shocks come with an adjustable
spring seat,  I don't want the rear to sag any infact I want the rear to sit
just slightly higher than the front.

Well, if you got this far thanks for reading, I'll probably be up for another
hour or two, then i'm going to find some good meds and pass out for the
night.  Peace

Brian 86 16v
98 Jetta GLX Vr6

--part1_ea.35e230de.2b898c9c_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Well, everyone is out partying and getting messed up,=20=
Im home with the flu.&nbsp; So I'm a little bored and figured I'd type up so=
mething its all VW mostly about my Vr6.&nbsp; I would post it on the Vortex=20=
but most everyone there don't give constructive input there and besides I li=
ke everyone here a lot better.<BR>
<BR>
The Scirocco is running fairly well, I recently was having trouble getting i=
nto gears and saw the shift bushings were shot so I replaced them, When I di=
d this I forgot to mark the position of the relay rod on the main rod and it=
 took me almost an hour to re-aline it so I could get all gears.&nbsp; Now t=
o the Jetta.<BR>
<BR>
So the Vr6 has been steadily getting louder and louder through the last year=
, sounds like a desil at idle and when I rev it up, sounds like a bunch of m=
arbles bouncing around in the engine up to around 3,000 rpm.&nbsp; So I take=
 it to the dealer to see what's wrong and they say they need to keep the car=
 to diagnose.&nbsp; The next day they call me up and say yeah we are replaci=
ng your timing chains and timing chain tensioners its a big job so were gonn=
a keep the car over the weekend, the car is all apart come down and take a l=
ook at it if you want.&nbsp; I'm pretty happy at this point, why you ask?&nb=
sp; Because my warranty is over on March 3rd that's in one week,&nbsp; so VW=
 is paying for the whole job.&nbsp; Yahooooo<BR>
<BR>
So today I go down there and look at my baby and holy shit its all apart, th=
e tranny is detached the cam cover off i almost came to tears.&nbsp;&nbsp; T=
hey had just finished putting the new chains on.&nbsp; I was surprised at ho=
w clean the cams were for a 60,000 mile car they looked nearly new.&nbsp; I=20=
should have the car back Monday.<BR>
<BR>
I'm going to get a nice refund from the IRS and was going to use it for some=
thing on the Jetta.&nbsp; Right now I have a Garret chip and a cone filter w=
ith heat shield.&nbsp; I am undecided on an exhaust because I really don't w=
ant a loud droney exhaust but I would like the improvement in hp.&nbsp;&nbsp=
; Anyone with experience on upgrading Vr6's exhausts? <BR>
<BR>
And I want to do suspension but not for looks for function.&nbsp; I don't wa=
nt a large drop, or it to be harsh where my teeth fall out I want that tite=20=
but smooth BMW feel.&nbsp; I am thinking of going with HandR Sport springs w=
ith Boge struts in the front and Bilstien shocks in the rear.&nbsp; Again an=
yone with experience on upgrading suspensions? Edit: my reasoning is the Bog=
e are cheaper for the fronts but the Bilstien rear shocks come with an adjus=
table spring seat,&nbsp; I don't want the rear to sag any infact I want the=20=
rear to sit just slightly higher than the front.<BR>
<BR>
Well, if you got this far thanks for reading, I'll probably be up for anothe=
r hour or two, then i'm going to find some good meds and pass out for the ni=
ght.&nbsp; Peace<BR>
<BR>
Brian 86 16v<BR>
98 Jetta GLX Vr6</FONT></HTML>