how do i kill my rev limiter on my 88 rocco 16v??? and whos gota fuel mo...

The easiest way to get rid of the rev limiter would be to convert to
motronic and chip it.

I believe there was also a company a while back that would disassemble
your ke-jetronic ECU and up the rev limit to 8k but it cost like $400.

Personally, even with cams and HD valve springs I don't see much point in
trying to increase the rev limit.. running your engine at 8000 rpm is
gonna make parts wear out faster and be more likely to snap. And you're
really not going to be making much power that high up anyway, due to
simple physics. The faster your engine is spinning, the more internal
friction there is and the your airflow becomes more and more inadequate,
even with a 50mm intake. Unless you're trying to build an insane
rev-to-10k NA motor with oversized valves and custom induction or carbs.

In your scenario I would invest in an adjustable cam sprocket and/or (a
little more expensive, but..) a 2.0l bottom end.

Then you can dial in your powerband to be at a reasonable rpm..

> the 16v roccos rev limit is supposed to be set at 7200 rpm. i wanna shift at
> 8k. my cams produce high up and i wanna use it there. hopefully someone has
> done the fuel pump relay wire ground trick. anyone???

I don't believe the 16v uses a fuel cutoff to enforce the rev limit. If
you jumper the fuel pump the rev limit is still there.

-Toby