(ot) 1984 quantum

I would suggest checking
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/syncronized/
Even though its for Syncros, a lot of the basic stuff
is similar to the FWD Quantum and there are some
memebers who have the FWD.  I've learned a lot reading
there.
Is it a Gl5?  My Quantum in terms of reliablity has
been ok, just that some things tend to wear quickly
like CV Joints.  Also the 5 cylinder models might have
cooling issues to be aware of.  Be careful of rust.
Some may have them
--- brett cooke <vwscir88@hotmail.com> wrote:
> thinking of purchasing a 1984 quantum. besides the
> normal used vw things,
> anyone know of any other things to look for? anyone
> know if these particular
> cars were trouble or if they were basically good
> cars? tia
>   hit
>

> So Sayeth The Hitman
> '88 "stripe" 16v scirocco