From: <joshhignight@techography.net>
To: "Scirocco List" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 8:45 AM
Subject: RE: Re: [[OT]Buying a

Thanks.
Actually, I've been leaning towards looking at the Camrys and Accords more
than anything else. Owner approval, reliability, and the general niceness of
the cars appeals. And they don't look half bad either. Personally, I want
something safe, reliable, and nice, as this car would be for the lady that
is potentially going to be wife. More on that later though...

So, any other suggestions? How are the A3 TDI's as far as reliablity issues
and such?

Joshua

<joshhignight@techography.net> wrote:
I've realized that it is very very possible I may need to buy a "normal" car
within the next year or so. It needs to be reliable most importantly. I'd
also
like for it to be around $7K or lower in price. Wants would be something
that
looks nice. Rides nice. Has some options (power acc's, etc...). Has decent
power. A plus would be something I could keep and use in a few years if/when
have kids...

Any recommendations from anyone?

Related question, how do the V6's in the 96 A4 Audi's hold up? I.E. high
milage wise?

Thanks,
Joshua

Of course, a Jetta or Passat are possible choices, our diesel Jettas have
been
great (but slow). My brother has had good luck with his Fords, Taurus and
Escort, and really loved his Accord, he had it for years with no issues. And
my Mom's Altima has been great, and it's not horrible to drive, but watch
the
Nissans for rust. I also know some very loyal Camry owners, and apparently
that car has the most return buyers of anything,
so it must keep them happy for some reason. (not sure how "family " you want
to go here!) Check over the Consumer reports, or check out "Lemon Aid" from
the library, they can be a bit biased, but will give you an idea overall of
what type of problems various types have, and you can decide if you can cope
with that known issues at least. I think they have a website too. Good luck.
I'd seriously avoid Chrysler products, trannys and head gaskets are common
problems. And they just feel junky to me.
Cathy, devoted Mopar hater.