[OT]Buying a "Normal" car?

I've realized that it is very very possible I may need to buy a=
 "normal" car within the next year or so. It needs to be reliable=
 most importantly. I'd also like for it to be around $7K or lower=
 in price. Wants would be something that looks nice. Rides nice.=
 Has some options (power acc's, etc...). Has decent power. A plus=
 would be something I could keep and use in a few years if/when I=
 have kids...

Any recommendations from anyone?

Related question, how do the V6's in the 96 A4 Audi's hold up?=
 I.E. high milage wise?

Thanks,
Joshua