16v 2.0l engine, N/A stats??

> With all due respects, Scott, (and I mean that) have you been living on
the
> moon for the last 30 years? Right now, the only thing more pressing in the
> automotive world than fuel mileage might be emissions.

Oh, I know you're so totally right about that. But, that does *not* mean
that the manufacturers will sacrafice every aspect of their design just to
maximize a return on one.

> c) Hmmm, agree only if you can tell me how you're going to determine what
> the "ideal amount" is.

That's an easy question that takes no calculations whatsoever to resolve.
The ideal amount of water pump action is whatever it takes to put my water
temperatures where I want them. Why should I worry about any more than that?
:^)

> My only question is this: if it's the good idea it appears to be on the
> surface, why doesn't GM et al put electric water pumps in every vehicle?

Well, my guess is that electrical pumps are not reliable enough and are too
expensive. Btw, here's info for you to check out about my system. Comments?:

<http://www.daviescraig.com.au/newproduct.html>
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut