More Cincy Ramblings - was RE: things to do while at cincy this june

--- "Scott F. Williams" <sfwilliams@comcast.net> wrote:
> I know that this was discussed already, but I don't
> remember coming to any
> resolution: How about some drag racing? I'm really
> looking forward to
> running against some notables on this list, and the
> streets just aren't the
> appropriate place to do it. So, how far away is the
> closest dragstrip, then?

Closest drag strip is about 20 minutes north, in Xenia.  I
just looked at the website though and the VW event is the
weekend before Cincy.

As to Cedar Point, it's a pretty good hike, probably 3.5-4
hours to get there as there's no direct route save a
2-lane.  You'd have to miss the majority of Cincy to go if
you were going on the weekend.

I'm taking most of the week before Cincy off, so if anyone
rolls in a day or two early, it's alright.  Just be warned
that I might put you to work if you're hanging around!  And
what's up with everyone except the die-hards leaving by
2:00-ish on Sunday?  Granted, last year there was still
tech procedures going on in the garage 'til about 12:30
Sunday night, but there was only about 5 people.

Days like today REALLY make me long for June and warm
temps.  We got dumped on with about 8" of snow and 25 mph
winds all day - driveway is damn near impassable without
snow tires.  (Just ask Ben Harder, Josh Conner and Anson
Clement - we all pushed Ben's Passat up the driveway
tonight)

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '85, '86 & '88 Sciroccos, 90 Passat Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
For Sale: '66 Cessna 150, '82 Scirocco.
"Any idiot can face a crisis.  It's this day to day living that wears you out." - Anton Chekhov