shocks/springs

Anson Clement wrote:

> So is anyone running a set of H&R race springs? If so, how goes it? I'm
> probably going to go that route unless someone thinks they suck.

IMHO: gross overkill - at least on a 16v.

I run Bilstein Sports and H&R Sports.  Lowering is only about 1", to the
untrained eye, the car appears to sit at a stock level... fine with me.
  This combo seems to provide an ideal compromise between daily-driver
comfort and balls-out handling.  Every time Potter drives my car he
marvels at how well the combo works.  Race springs OTOH are pretty
brutal if you're doing any/much daily driver duty, and I can't imagine
that handling is improved enough over my setup to justify the negative
tradeoff...

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA