Coil over kit recommendations?

> I've heard of this done (seen it, actually), but I
> don't understand why one
> must use the A2 front housing. I mean, if it has to
> be shortened to fit the
> A1 chassis, then how does the A2 strut fit in it? Is
> that strut specifically
> made for the A2? Or, is it the same length as the A1
> strut, but wider or
> something?

Idunno for sure, but I always assumed that the A2 had
a shorter strut body length. They don't make
double-adjustable Konis for A1 struts.

> Secondly, how does this set up facilitate more
> suspension travel?

The body of the strut is shorter, so the extended
length is shorter while retaining the same stroke
length. The limiting factor then becomes the
driveshaft hitting the body, but it is still better
than stock.

> Finally,
> how much did you pay for your kit?

A little over $1400 for dbl-adj front Konis,
custom-valved single-adj rear Konis, housings,
sleeves, perches, hardware, my choice of springs,
etc...pretty good deal too. BSI's price is about the
same for their version of the same kit.

> I'm wondering if
> I should attempt to
> build this myself. The alternative would be to
> rebuild my Bilstein Sport
> front dampers to be adjustable. What do you think of
> that?

I know a lot of racers go with Bilsteins that are
modified to be adjustable, so there must be something
to it. If you're serious about that route, I'd give
Morris Suspension a call...

> Anyway, I've got a bunch of A2 housings lying around
> as well as an obsession
> for reducing unsprung weight and increasing
> suspension travel.

And a welder too, I assume? Hell...go for it! I think
I've got some pictures of my struts around
somewhere...

Neal