Performance Questions. 16v CHEAP now Cu Headgaskets

Thanks Larry, I was way high on my gasket compression guess.

This (automated)reply is from an email enquiry I made to
headgasket.com:

Solid copper head gaskets are made from Copper 110 (99.6%) pure copper.
 We have patterns for many cars.  If we don't have a pattern a
"blue-print" will have to be made.  Typically, this runs about $60.00
and is a one-time cost. If three of the same gasket is made at the same
time this cost is absorbed. If we have the pattern there is a 10% cost
reduction at 2 HG's.

Expedited "emergency" gaskets can be made and shipped- if pattern is
already made. Call for price and availability.

Typical cost is about $80.00/4cyl push rod
                      $100.00/ "    OHC with timming chain in HG
                      $120.00/ 6cyl push rod
                      $150.00/  "   OHC with timming chain in HG
note:
shipping not included
cost is also dependant on thickness of copper specified.

HTH - I'd try one...

Ron