[Re: OT: intent...

<Cathy wrote>
I honestly don't know enough about this to have an educated opinion , but
many
Canadians see it as being primarily about oil, and secondarily about
completing unfinished business (ie. deposing Saddam), at least that seems to
be the opinion of those I've chatted with on the subject.

As for the Bush family's direct profit, I'd sure hope there are enough
checks
and balances in place to prevent that sort of thing. (and you forgot to
mention their involvement in military equipment manufacture) Last I checked,
it wasn't a dictatorship. If it was, I'm sure things would have proceeded
much
less cautiously. From here though, it looks like it could get pretty ugly
pretty quickly. GL to those in the service, you may need it.

Actually, with the previous administration in the White House I can totally
understand why people believe that there "must be a hidden agenda" but I can
almost assure you that there isn't.  Why can't this just be about Saddam's
threat with biological weapons, what's he's done in the past and what he is
capable of doing in the future if he isn't stopped?  I think it sums it all
up by asking this question:  If you had a chance to kill Hitler in the 20's,
would you?   The downside to all of this is that by attacking Iraq, I know
that things will heat up in Korea, China, and Taiwan.  Defineately is a wake
up call as to who our friends are in the U.N. and how much of a waste it
is!!

Dave