cups v. coilovers?

> i have found this thread both entertaining and educational
> -tony

Me too!!  But, I have to input my .02 cents again :)   First, I think that
it is interesting to see the different types of communication used almost
arguing about the same thing!  Kinda funny but still interesting and you
both still got to the guts of the topic without flaming!!  Very impressive,
but I expect that from Scott, just don't know Mike all that well, yet.

Secondly, I'll have to say that I was wrong earlier about the real subject
of this.  Now, after you two have figured it all out for me, I think that
the adjustable suspensions were probably made to be able to take a car that
is 50lbs heavier here and 50lbs lighter there and make them handle similarly
and this is probably the reason for the same kit for two different cars.
Since you can easily compensate for the said difference in weight, either
kit should work fine for either car.  I would think after adding the
stressbars and swaybars that the 8v could easily be as heavy as a 16v and
vice versa.  Maybe the manufacturers take this into consideration, maybe
they don't but either way they seem to be sure that their kits will work on
either car with either the same or similar outcome.

Lastly, but not least, if everyone had a 16v none of this would matter!  :P

Dave