cups v. coilovers?

>From: "Scott F. Williams" <sfwilliams@comcast.net>
>
> > That's weird because I thought the subject was cups v. coilovers?
> >  Yep, just looked again and it still is.
> > Dave
>
>Come on now, Dave. You know as well as the next guy that thread topics
>wander. The original question regarded how the Cup kit and coilover
>compares.

i'd still like to know, by the way. seriously i'm sure someone has these
things in their 16v?

>The aftermarket springs might be heavier than the stock springs (dunno
>about
>"better"), however, the front/rear spring rate bias will still be optimized
>for either 8v or 16v.

keep in mind scott, that i wasn't primarily talking about handling bias;
most of my driving is significantly below the limits of the suspension.
also, the bias is affected by plenty of other things besides spring/damper
rates. i still say the 16v springs were upgraded at the factory primarily
for a sportier, stiffer feel. they obviously weren't optimized bias-wise,
since the car still had plenty of understeer.