Tow bars - any good?

roccnroll@hotmail.com writes:

<< While searching for tow dollies on  ebay, I came across this style of tow
bar and wondered if anyone has had any  experience with them.  Do they hook
into the steering somehow, or do the  front wheels naturally follow the path
when being pulled?  Do they just  mount onto the bumper?  I'll probably get
one if they're OK.  They're a LOT
cheaper! >>

   Echoing what the others have said, those mount to, or in plcae of the
bumper. The only I've used that attach to the suspension was for aircooled
VW's, they had a 'U' shaped bracket at the ends of the bar that attached to
the lower torsion tube. I almost thought it needed to be permanently mounted
to my old Bug!  :)

Carl
77rocco
89fox  - donor to be
03saturn - can not modify under penalty of wife!