removing a/c .. completely?

Okay, last August I pulled my compressor, evaporator, condenser, expansion
valve, receiver/drier, soft and hard lines, pressure switches and
belt tensioning hardware.. I even pulled the a/c switch from the hvac
control head so I wouldn't have a funky idle anymore.

(all this stuff is for sale btw, make an offer. i'm in seattle, wa)

Now, today I rerouted the part of my harness that goes to the passenger
headlight and washer pump so that it runs inside the front crossmember
instead of along the bottom of the engine bay where my crossmember brace
will go.

To my surprise, the harness had about a half gallon of water in it and
when I pulled it out, it gushed all over the place and made a huge mess -
now I can see why A1s have so many electrical problems!

Along with the headlight/washer harness was the a/c harness going to
the pressure switches on the passenger side. I didn't bother re-routing it
because I knew I was never going to hook it back up again. It was getting
dark so I just coiled it up and left it on top of the crossmember in the
driver side fender area, to be removed at a later date.

So my question is - has anyone actually gone through their car and pulled
all the a/c wiring out? How much work was it? Where did the wiring run and
did you have to cut it or was it all add-on seperate harness stuff?

I was very surprised by how much all that wiring weighed.. and that was
even after all the water drained out! Maybe that could be a weight loss
idea for everyone looking to lighten their Scirocco.. :)

-Toby