Downpipe follow on questions

I'm the guy with the '86 16v rocco with cracked flex joint in the downpipe.
I have removed the downpipe and was wondering if there is anything else I should do (maint wise) while its removed? It seems that every fix requires removing three or more parts that are in the way, so if the downpipe blocks a common fix it would be nice to know about it.

Also I'm replacing the engine mounts. On the passenger side I think I need to remove the crank pulleys and the timing belt to get to the mount bolts on the engine? is this true? I don't have an impact wrech, how do you remove the
crank pulley bolt? Is it normal (or reverse) threaded?

Oh, one more thing it seems the factory spec waterpump/AC belt is incredibly hard to get on and off. Do people get bigger belts? if so what size?

Thanks in advance,
Jim