Inner Driver side axle connection "tech" question , Pleasehelp...

That extra section is the driveaxle flange.

There's a compressor tool that can be bought or made - it's a piece of bar stock bent into a U, in
the bottom of the U is a drilled hole.  Through the hold goes a piece of threaded rod, which
threads into the axle.  A nut then forces the U onto the flange, and then compresses the spring.

You can rig up any number of alternative tools to compressor the spring.  Before I got the tool, I
had used ratcheting luggage straps once with success.  Someone else told me they used carpenter's
clamps.  The trick is to compress the spring and leave enough room to get your circlip pliers in
there.

You do have circlip pliers, don't you?  Without those, you're really going to be beating your head
into a wall...

HTH

Ron