speedo musings

I had the same loud noises from the speedo when cold. I tried to lube
the speedo and changed the cable to no avail. The only help was to move
the cable when it was making noise. I changed the oxs counter in an
unrelated fix and lo and behold, noises were gone! Coincidence, maybe,
but I don't think so.
John
87 16V