retrofitting 16v front brakes onto mk1

> I guess maybe I was unlcear, but I thought I said I was getting the full
> set-up. I didn't talk about the rears because I'm just going to grab the
> whole damn rear axle and e-brake cables. Having already swapped that into
> another A1 (my cabby), I know what I need and have to do. Mine is an 81.

Sorry, but your subject title was FRONT brakes so that's what I went with.
And, being an 81, you don't need the front hubs.

> Hence, since it will have rear discs, it will need the lines with Prop
> valves. And the new 16v MC requires the pedal cluster because there's no
> brake light switch on the 16v MC.

Proportioning valves, no.  pressure retention valves different than drums
require, yes.  Swapping a pedal cluster because there's no switch on the MC
is silly.  Go get a micro switch from radio shack or use one from a throttle
body and adapt it to the pedal.

gd