welding (was: Tranny woes)

Wow, yeah that does suck. I'd love to learn welding myself. I learned the extreme basics in shop in high school, but I didn't even learn enough to forget anything. Rick A. taught me what not to wear (lighter in pockets, especially breast pocket = the possibility of blowing off half your body). There is a guy here who takes old bug hoods (the part in the back) and cuts out pirahna shapes, then welds them back on with sticks to make the fish protrude. Follows it up with a grinder to make swirlys and wala, an instant wall-hanging that your wife can bear and will make you the envy of everyone. I'll see if I still have a picture.

Dan
Someday, I will own the tools that will allow me to make creative stuff.

"T. Reed" <treed2@wsu.edu> wrote:
Geez, that's ridiculous!

I paid ~$220 for 8 weeks of 2 days a week, 5 hours a day = 80 hours of
instruction and welding time. I took the class at a community college.

I'd look in to what people think of the school before going somewhere. I
did my research on http://groups.google.com/

-Toby