welding (was: Tranny woes)

> All in all it was well worth
> the
> $60
> or $70 it cost.  I recommend anyone interested in welding look into a
> class
> like this.

Look into it a bit though...  I took a one day welding "crash course"
earlier this summer and it was a major disappointment.  The instructor
sucked, he even said that he hated teaching welding since he was really
an auto shop teacher...  Nearly three hours into the in-class
instruction all we had established was what not to wear while welding,
and heard completely boring off topic stories about his life...  NO
theory on how to actually weld was covered.  After lunch he let us into
the lab and just told us to "practice and get the hang of it" while he
welded up a project from home.  All this for an outrageous price of
$200, with no books or anything to take home, except a single photocopy
of a proper lap weld.  Moral of the story, get some references...  (If
you're in the Toronto area, DON'T take this course at Centennial
College)

Mark - 'Performance Welding' book on my X-mas list...
80 S
81 S  2.0 ABA/JH/4K