020 16V Tranny refill and Maintenance

Just letting the thick BLACK GOOP drain outa the 020 tranny.....things look to be ok....I don't like how black and almost Burnt looking it is....  It was definitely low...will there be damage?  I can't tell if the fluid has shavings or metal bits in it...I will examine more closeley when I go back in 15 min....Well, all I could get on a whim was a supreme grade motorcraft synthetic gear oil....oh well, for $12 bucks a bottle it had better do something better than popping my 5th out again!  Hopefully it works and the tough scirocco reputation will maintain itself!  'cuz I am sick of my dad tellin me to sell the Rocco!!
Chadster!!!