Winter Beater War Dates!!

While I'm not Sara and I won't be able to attend the event, I can answer your questions. From the sounds of it, it's a bring whatever you drive event. Yes, even Hondas are theoretically allowed. As for being new and all, once you're a lister, you're a lister. Doesn't matter if it's been 5min or 5yr, you're more than welcome to go to any and all lister events.

Happy early birthday, Sara will have to answer your lodging questions, but as for beverages, pfffft, consumption is to be expected at scirocco.org events. No need to worry there. As for a hatred of below freezing temps, hoo boy, good luck. Be ready for temps in the teens, if you're lucky.

Sounds like it'll be a fun time, enjoy!

Dan

stetson <tim@unrealexpectations.ath.cx> wrote:
Hmmmmmmm.........

Hi Sara,

Wondered if the invitation is for new posters too? It might jibe w/ my job
site closing and the only sweet thing about that is the 8+ week serverence
package (paid vacation?) that could coincide w/ this event.

The other question is, if I were to be admitted, would I be immediately
stoned (old testament definition) as an infidel for bringing the only
beater I have that could make a respectable showing at this event.
It being the bone stock '86 8v Roc I picked up $190+ this summer off ebay?
It made the trip from back from Cleveland needing only a new alternator. :^s

Other than those concerns, sounds like it would be superlatively
kalidoscopic fantabulousness, would be a nice birthday present for me
(being mine is only 3 days b4 yours. Nice to see another Aquarian
roccin'!), and a entertaining way to conquer my hatred of sub 32F/0C temps
while wearing ever so stylilsh carhart overalls.

Just decided that I can't count when it comes to questions so.......
What's lodging like in the area? If I were to come up early to practice
mad snowy lake skillz (closest I've been is deserted mall parking lots)
and treat the hostess (and YES dammit! I'm sure about the gender of THIS
one! I checked the siginiture photogallery first! ;^} ) to a birthday
dinner would that be o.k.?

Oh.....and one more question.

Antifreeze for organics (Import/Micro Dark beer and single malt scotch)
will be allowed during non-driving hours?

Wondering where the hell the ski gloves and tuque are,

Tim

Second Law of Business Meetings:
If there are two possible ways to spell a person's name, you
will pick the wrong one.

Corollary:
If there is only one way to spell a name,
you will spell it wrong, anyway.