OT: The reason for the cryptic statements at the end of my posts

	Seems that a few posters have attributed the witty or cryptic or
politcally incorrect statements appearing under the occurance of my name
in my posts to me.

	Wish it were true.

	But they are not of my creation.

	When setting up my mail client (pine = linux console mail program)
I delved into its configuration and where the option for "Signiture:" was
I entered

/usr/games/fortune |

which essentially takes the output of the fortunes program (used to
generate random quotations that appear at the top of a successfully
logged in user session.) and tacks it to the end of my mail. <see below>

	I did it because after a few years of these quotes either tickling
my funny bone or furrowing my brow in the classic "Hmmmm" pose I thought
they might do the same recipients of my mailings.

	Eureka! They have! @ least judging from replies to my posts
specifically addressing that content.

	But I cannot in clear conscience take credit for anything other then
not removing them if they pass my sensibilities filter. Sometimes
they(you) don't even have that safeguard if I'm in a rush.
	What spurred this post? A reply to a post of mine that had the
signiture:

May you have many obedient sons (or something to that effect).

and having the victim of my post reply thank me for my wishes, but
inform me that one son was more than plenty (I'm sure w/ tongue planted
firmly in cheek!).
	So.....in closing, I will take responsibility for my inflicting
them upon you but not specifically for their content other than it hasn't
offended my sensibilities and therefore I loosed them upon the list.
	Think they create too much "noise"? That those of easily offended
or thin skinned will take offense?
	If so, please address this thread with your druthers and I will
react accordingly by either removing them or myself from the pleasantries
of the list.
	I will add the caveat that I won't _usually_ let them append to
the ends of my posts unless I like 'em and that political correctness
can be damned as it puts the power of choice in the hands of another to
deem (un)acceptableness of content.
	Isn't politcally correct an oxymoron anyway?

	I promise that this will be my last off topic post this month. ;^}

Tim

Documentation:
	Instructions translated from Swedish by Japanese for English
	speaking persons.