Oooohhh, ebay find!

The Roots rotor-type 71 series chargers were originally developped for use
on GM 2 stroke diesels for exhaust scavenging, not for boost.  They are
popular with the hotrod croud because they are capable of moving a lot of
air and cores are pretty easy to come by.

Diesels generally use turbochargers for positive manifold pressure
(boost).  Otherwise waste energy in the form of heat in the exhaust gas is
used to power the turbocharger.  A supercharger is crank driven, and
requires additional energy in the form of fuel to turn.

Drew