cheap radiator replacements? (fwd)

1.  Running w/o a thermostat is a bad idea.  In most engines it actually makes the engine run hotter - harder for the water pump to pressurize against a big hole than a small one.

2.  Buy a frickin radiator.  If you find one somewhere that is $25 and made in some country you can't pronounce, would you trust it?  If you want something good, buy a brass one that came in some diesels, and have a radiator shop restore it.  Never have to worry about it again.  Or, find a closeout new one on ebay or someones overstock sale.

3.  Fix the temp switch wiring now.  Otherwise, this will probably be a recurring problem, no matter what radiator you put in.

Those that I have found online from places like parts4vws and
germanautoparts are ranging from $79.00-$102.50 (b4 tax and shipping)and I
was wondering if there were any other outlets I should try in this quest?