Upgrading old Bosch Alternator Plug & Wiring

Andre Bjorkheim wrote:

> Wanted to get ideas on what you guys have done with the plug style adapter on the Bosch 55/65 amp alternators.  I want to upgrade the wiring because I determined that under full load (high beams, stereo, heater, defroster....) that I was down about 0.75 volts from what the alt was actually putting out.  Are there applicable plugs out there for other cars that actually come with thicker wiring?

I'd think you would be better off building your own Alt to Starter and
Battery loom. Costs can be held down, although you might well be
ditching the plug itself in favor of individual spade/socket connections.

Try welding supply, industrial surplus outlets for cheap raw materials.

hth,
TBerk