From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Toomasson
Sent: December 2, 2003 12:32 PM
To: peter@thescirocco.com; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: MK3 style door handles

I don't see why it couldn't be made to work.

Incidentally, I just swapped the door handles from my old 16v to my '84
cabby (which IIRC has same mechanism as a mk1). The only thing I had to
do
was swap the "business end" of the handle which just requires unscrewing
it
from the lock cylinder.

Even if that doesn't translate, I'm sure the mechanism inside the door
can
be swapped out....

I'm ordering a set and will report on its feasibility (if anyone can
wait
that long!  :p  )