fire bad

Sooooo.....

Ok, when I needed to load my car onto the trailer I had to jump it. It started right up, and ran for about 7 minutes....it then died and was giving off a slightly burning odor. Jumped it again while paying close attention trying to locate the source of the smell, and that's when the alternator went up in smoke..

I have since disconnected the alternator and the battery seems ok, it will provide the car with power. Im getting ready to put a new alternator in...

But Im wondering on just WHY it went to hell to begin with?

Josh
www.JsHouseofEuro.com